Normande Lighting JS3-1090F 22-Watt Daylight Spectrum 3X Magnifier Floor Lamp, White
Lighting Lamps
Normande Lighting JS3-1090F 22-Watt Daylight Spectrum 3X Magnifier Floor Lamp, White are great choice, We was Find Special Price JUST FOR YOUNormande Lighting JS3-1090F 22-Watt Daylight Spectrum 3X Magnifier Floor Lamp, White Rating :
Customer Reviews
Most helpful customer reviews
45 of 45 people found the following review helpful.
Affordable alternative to high cost models
By Sandy P
I cross stitch large patterns, usually on 18 count aida, which causes a lot of strain for my eyes, especially when doing little confetti stitches within a larger stitched area. I'd previously had a cheap dazor-knockoff from ebay that I'd been very unhappy with as it constantly tipped over and used a regular lightbulb which created quite a bit of heat. More than once, I'd burned myself by brushing up against the bare bulb.
When I saw this one advertised, I took a chance and purchased, and the gamble paid off. First, the daylight spectrum light illuminates every nook and cranny. It uses low wattage and comes encased with a plastic shield that prevents contact with the bulb. This feature does complicate bulb replacement as you have to unscrew the shield in order to swap out bulbs, but it's an easy sacrifice to make in exchange for protection for and from the bare light.
The foot of the pedestal comes with five heavy extensions/feet...each weighs approximately 3-4 pounds, and it creates a substantial base that never once teetered as I adjusted and pulled on the arm to swivel it into position. Assembly seemed complicated when I first pulled it out of the box, but it's actually pretty simple. There's a plate on the bottom that you unscrew, you fit the little feet into the base, put the plate back on, screw it tight, insert the pole into the assembled pedestal (I had to whack mine against the floor a couple of times to get it fully inserted), and place the lighting fixture into the pole. The kit comes with a little wrench and bolt tightener...no additional tools required. Another plus, imo.
The lens is made of heavy glass and has good magnification. Each joint has adjustable resistence, even a little knob that controls that swivel of the lens head (something my other light did not have).
All of these points make for a good sale, but when you add in the price it makes for an excellent bargain. I paid only 20 dollars less than the price of this light for my cheap fixture that soon found its way into the Goodwill donation bin (even money if you counted my shipping fees versus Amazon's free shipping), and the Dazor lights I was looking at were three times the price. So to find one that is comparable in quality yet so affordable was a blessing.
18 of 19 people found the following review helpful.
Update on item after 2 years
By KY
I purchased this for my mom who is almost blind with macular degeneration. It is a great help to her so she can do things without having to hold a magnifying glass in one hand. Adjusts easily to any position.****Update--After a couple of years of daily use, a couple of problems have arisen. The joints loosen quickly and some of the tightening screws have fallen out. The first bulb didn't last long but I was able to find a replacement. That also burned out and it has been very hard to find a replacement bulb this diameter with pins on the same side. Most are made with pins on the opposite side. I finally bought a replacement light with more standard bulbs, but the replacement isn't as sturdy as this one was.
12 of 12 people found the following review helpful.
Works great!
By Danschy
Bought this for my father who has macular degeneration. He loves it, and can now read again. He was using an unlighted magnifier, but the bright light in this product is what makes it so effective for him.
11/1/11 Update: Bulb started flickering so I bought a replacment. Note that the replacment bulb needs the connector on the outside (my first bulb purchase had it on the inside so did not work). The light is still flickering on occasion so I think it is something in the light itself, not the bulb. My father no longer uses the light much since his condition has worsened and he now uses an electronic viewer. I knocked off one star due to the reliability issue.
Product Description
22W Daylight spectrum magnifier floor lamp
Product Details
- Amazon Sales Rank: #141444 in Lighting
- Color: White
- Brand: Normande Lighting
- Model: JS3-1090F
- Dimensions: 57.00" h x23.50" w x24.00" l,
Features
- 3X magnifier floor lamp for crafting, reading small print, and more
- Adjustable arm swivels and extends for precise placement
- Durable metal shade; painted-white finish; 5-pronged base for stability
- On/off rocker switch; energy-efficient 22-watt daylight-spectrum bulb (included)
- Measures approximately 24 inches long by 23-1/2 inches wide by 57 inches high


0 comments
Post a Comment